Now Hiring Immediately!
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details
- Employee Discount
- Growth Opportunities
- Education Assistance
- Health Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
Cinemark Maintenance Employees repair and maintain the theatre, equipment, and property, creating a welcoming environment for our Guests. This typically takes place during non-operating hours but can also take place during operating hours. This individual is responsible for repairing seats, walls, doors, restroom fixtures, sidewalks, parking lots, concession stand equipment, office equipment, etc. They also serve as an advisor when contract labor is hired to perform major repairs or those outside of their areas of expertise.
A Day in the Life of a Maintenance Employee:
The essential duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Employee include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Repairs and maintains theatre and theatre property including tile, carpet floors, restroom fixtures, countertops, mirrors, walls, wall coverings, partitions, drinking fountains, minor plumbing and electrical work, office furniture, auditorium seats, etc.
- Keeps Cinemark-owned tools and supplies safely maintained, cleaned, orderly, and organized
- Removes and disposes of trash, broken parts, and supplies from repair areas once completed
- Cleans and organizes the designated Maintenance storage areas
- Must be able to inspect theatre and theatre property to ensure that all is clean and in good working order for the opening of the next day's business
- Coordinates with the General Manager on items to be repaired and/or maintained
- Communicates any need for parts and supplies to General Manager
- Keeps theatre keys on his/her person and outside doors locked during non-operating hours
- Guards against unauthorized personnel entering the building during Maintenance shift
- Meets with outside vendors to grant building access and to direct them to designated work areas
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines
- Properly utilizes Personal Protective Equipment while completing position specific tasks
- Adapts to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks
- Monitors safety and security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports issues to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
What You Will Need to Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Availability to work flexible hours which include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Has an energetic and friendly attitude during each shift
- Provides excellent Guest service
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all ages, genders, and personalities. Must be able to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend English
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Responds with a sense of urgency
- Reliable transportation in order to acquire parts and supplies
- Ability to maneuver in limited-space areas (restroom stalls, auditorium seat rows, etc.)
- Ability to safely mix chemicals
- Ability to safely dispose of used chemicals in compliance with state and local regulations
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching
- Ability to carry, push, and pull objects
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer