Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2021 program include:
- Business Track Project: Work with a Schwab organization that provides a significant and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Implement feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: You will gain a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the commitment to make that vision a reality.
- Networking: Establish a network and forge positive relationships across lines of business and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Join Schwab’s cutting edge technology organization. The group is focused on delivering creative modernization and automation solutions to critical applications and your project will offer you the chance to make an impact. You’ll work with an established team of technical engineers collaborating on projects that could include hands on development in Java, .Net, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), web services, and other object oriented languages.
Are you creative and motivated to propose solutions to complex, time critical challenges? Do you have a strong desire to use technology to build products that “wow” users? If so, then this could be the perfect internship for you. Don’t wait, submit your resume today!
Program advantages specifically for you:
An outstanding long term-career with an amazing corporation. We’re not just looking for interns, we’re looking for our leaders and technologists of tomorrow to join us as employees following graduation. We offer valuable support to new Schwabbies through our New Employee Recruitment and Development (NERD) program. This program is about preparing our future technical leaders for success by providing the best tools, knowledge, and training that will empower them to be the creators and innovators of tomorrow.
Develop and Integrate the next generation solutions that creatively support our Schwab Clients and endow our Advisors by ensuring the highest quality software is developed, delivered and supported. Build outstanding products that translate into use in our dynamic real-world environment.
Gain exposure to new groundbreaking tools and technologies while working as a member of a self-organized and high functioning Agile Team. This is your chance to implement continuous integration and deployment strategies using tools like Bamboo with a DevOps philosophy.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to graduate between December 2021 and May/June 2022
- Able to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program (June 7 to August 6)
- Interested in a long term technical career and willing to work from one of our primary office locations
We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What you are good at
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the mentality of an everyday leader
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through multi-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning approach, who constantly look for better ways to do things, passion, and seek to exceed client expectations
- Understanding of object oriented programming principles and the Software Development Lifecycle
What you have
- Long term desire to work in corporate technical environment with a variety of roles in software development, cybersecurity, business operations, project management, database management or a similar role.
- Ability to meet requirements listed above including expected graduation dates, commitment to internship term and ability to work as a full-time employee following your upcoming graduation.
- General exposure to application or database development/analysis through coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Curiosity to understand and use new technologies and the courage to ask “why”
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.