At Cesium, we are building a platform for creating 3D mapping applications. Driven by commercial innovation, we are revolutionizing geospatial tools used by the Department of Defense and Federal agencies. Our goal is to enhance operational situational awareness for intelligence officers, operators, and first responders by giving them tools to map their surroundings in a digital 3D environment on the ground.
What you will do:
- Build first of its kind demos and prototype applications by applying Cesium's technology to multi-domain DOD use cases and have an outsized impact on the future Cesium products and 3D geospatial applications for mission-critical purposes.
- Lead DOD workshops, conferences, and events to showcase Cesium's technology, and gather feedback on how we can add even more value for our users and their missions.
- Serve as the technical point of contact with branches like SOCOM, Army, Navy, and NGA.
What we are looking for:
- Experience and familiarity with DOD concepts and terminology are strongly preferred.
- A clear, concise communicator who can easily explain problems and solutions in both technical DOD terms through technical writing and presentations.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% for hackathons, code sprints, conferences, and other events with the DOD community
- A minimum US DOD Secret Security Clearance or willingness to receive clearance shortly after starting the position is required.
What is important to us:
- You love to learn, experiment, innovate, and apply cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems in DOD and mission-critical applications.
- You can work independently and iterate over your work based on feedback.
- You're excited by the potential of what we're building at Cesium and of 3D geospatial, and you want to help us push the limits of what our technology and the entire field can do.
- You want to work at a fast-growing startup on high-profile projects, wear many hats, and grow with us.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data - we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. We're making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We've been building Cesium for almost 10 years and it's production tested with companies like Red Bull and Komatsu, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD's annual Santa Tracker. Our user base is growing every day and you'll help us make sure their experience is impressive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This position is based out of our Philadelphia, PA office.
If you have a portfolio, website, or work samples, please submit them with your application.