At Cesium, we are looking for a full-stack developer to build innovative applications for the future of smart construction that's pushing the boundaries on what you can do with real-world 3D data.
As a full-stack developer at Cesium, you'll work with our engineering team and industry partners to implement workflows to maximize usability for end-users.
What you'll do
- Work on interesting and impactful problems on a fast-paced agile team that emphasizes quality and peer review.
- Build and ship code. Expect to code every day for most of the day.
- Work on every part of the application, contribute to front-end, REST APIs, database schema, infrastructure, & tooling.
- Solve interesting and complex problems by researching, proposing, and implementing solutions based on objective data and reasoning.
- Be part of a growing team revolutionizing Smart Construction with the opportunity to expand your skills and role.
What we're looking for
- Modern web development skills that are well-versed in at least one specific frontend tech stack using libraries and tools like LitElement, React, Redux, and similar.
- Experience with our back-end stack, which at a high level includes: Node.js, Docker, Postgresql, and AWS.
- A proven track record of developing and shipping web apps or components.
- A desire for quality- not only writing well-crafted code, but also participating in sprint planning, writing unit tests, and documenting the process.
- While not required, knowledge in geospatial software or git and GitHub workflows is a plus.
What else is important to us
- We want you to learn. We are constantly evolving our platform, pushing into new industries, and striving to improve our personal toolboxes through continuing education.
- We want you to grow. We are a startup and you'll need to wear many hats. As we grow, we want you to grow professionally and personally along with us.
- We want you to have an environment of trust and individual empowerment where you can do the best work of your career.
- We want you to teach. We write blog posts, tutorials, present at conferences, and attend meetups. We also believe strongly in internal mentoring and workshops.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity - Our team is our greatest asset, and we win together. Everyone has a competitive salary and a stake in the company's success via stock options.
- We offer 15 vacation days and 12 paid holidays, including a winter holiday break, each year. Time away helps us all work better.
- We offer up to 100% coverage for health, dental, vision, and life insurance for our team members with options that work best for you.
- We offer six weeks of paid leave and six weeks of unpaid leave to all new parents (including adoptive and foster).
- Subsidize your commute costs.
- We love mentoring and will push you to expand and sharpen your skills on the job.
- We will stock your bookshelf in the form of Kindle or Audible credits.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data - we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. We're making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We've been building Cesium for almost 10 years and it's production tested with companies like Red Bull and Komatsu, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD's annual Santa Tracker. Our user base is growing every day and you'll help us make sure their experience is impressive. Learn more about Cesium.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This position is based out of our Philadelphia, PA office.
If you have a portfolio, website, or work samples, please submit them with your application.