JOB SUMMARY :
Caesars Entertainment Business Services (CEBS) is looking for candidates for a Director with the CEBS Accounting Team.
CEBS is a unique organization which has combined traditional IT functions with a centralized Accounting Shared Services Center. The CEBS team partners with the business to enable the business strategy and deliver on business operations. It is structured to drive clear accountability and ownership, and is focused on providing the core capabilities and solutions across the organization with efficiency and scale.
We drive a substantial amount of transformation activities and service delivery by focusing on People, Process, Technology, Security & Compliance and Data. This is done with an end-to-end process and technology mindset across multiple functions to drive effective and efficient processes.
The Director is responsible for leading and directing the team responsible for the Enterprise accounting for the Caesars Rewards Loyalty Program, Sports & Entertainment Contracts and Caesars Interactive Entertainment programs. This role will have implementation oversight of multiple Accounting projects and initiatives for the CEBS Accounting organization with company-wide impact. The Director of Accounting provides direction and leadership in the areas of finance, innovation and building talent. The position pursues organizational alignment with values, mission, and vision through relationship building, staff development, and the implementation of organizational policies and procedures. In addition, assists the Vice President of Accounting in the overall direction of People, Process, Technology, Compliance and Data initiatives for the center along with ensuring alignment of long- term strategy of the CEBS Organization.
Total team of 8 Accountants - 4 direct reports
Accounting Seniors, Accounting Supervisors
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Ensures timely and accurate property reporting and analytics according to senior leadership needs and expectations in an effort to fully participate in organizational problem solving, decision making and strategic planning.
- Proper review of all loyalty program, sports and entertainment contracts to ensure proper accounting guidance is concluded, recorded and reported for each transaction
- Partner with cross-functional partners (i.e. legal, Senior Management, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to gain understanding of business strategy to ensure proper accounting.
- Lead and manage the team to ensure people and processes are aligned and to dedicate efforts in: talent management & calibration, employee training, continuous improvement efforts/Lean training, visual management boards/KPIs, and driving engagement through inspirational leadership.
- Develop an environment that values diverse ideas where team members feel welcome and are encouraged to contribute to their full potential.
- Actively engages peers across the organization to enhance understanding of strategy beyond own functional area.
- Builds, develops and improves operations, processes and procedures in Shared Services to support strategic direction.
- Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
- Lead and manage the teams' implementation of major initiatives.
- Ability to identify changes in the business environment and make subsequent changes to control frameworks, business narratives, flowcharts.
- Provides updates on projects or initiative progress to keep leaders aware and aligned relative to the project progress.
- Ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
- The Director is often responsible for overseeing all areas of a business department, implementing any operational changes and delivering measurable improvements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Advance degree is preferred
- CPA Certificate required
- At least 5-7 years relevant accounting and reporting experience in a large company corporate environment, large regional accounting firm, or a Big 4 accounting firm serving publicly traded companies.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP reporting regulations and SOX compliance for a large public company
- Ability to lead, constructively coach and develop the growth and development of team members through actionable feedback to improve performance.
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Must possess problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to master new concepts quickly.
- Must be a team player in a professional environment and actively participate in departmental discussions by bringing suggestions, recommendations and efficiencies to the table
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- A self-starter and motivator with a passion to get the processes right in the most effective and efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Trustworthy and result oriented
- Be detail-oriented and ability to manage time and handle deadlines
- Ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team
- Working knowledge of computer software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Oracle ERP preferred