Retirement Plans Specialist
Provide annual plan administration services and technical compliance support to employers who sponsor qualified retirement plans, within performance standards and service objectives. Including in-depth understanding of the complexities of all facets of administering qualified retirement plans.
Essential Job Functions
• 5+ years experience in annual administration of qualified DC/401(k) plans including thorough understanding and ability to interpret complex plan documents and code provisions.
• Hands-on non-discrimination compliance testing and government form preparation and filing experience
• Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
• Strong working knowledge of accounting and investment principles
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communications, organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to work in a team environment, under pressure, meet deadlines, handle large volume of diverse work
• High level of PC skills; working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing applications, vendor systems and record keeping systems.
• Willingness to learn
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to cross function in the organization
• Leadership skills
• Communication skills
• Active in professional organizations
• Manage caseload (1 - 65+ plans) of 403b, Profit Sharing and/or 401(k) plans including: interpreting/preparing plan documents, preparing reconciliation of plan investments to the plan valuation report, calculating contributions for corporate and self-employed business entities, maintaining on-going client relationships via face to face and telephone contact, preparing and analyzing compliance testing results, prepare and analyze government filing requirements, interacting with external clients/advisors/vendors and BSW family.
• Willingness to travel to all BPP locations to administer plans or deliver reports to clients
• Assist with the installation of new client's retirement plans as needed
• Assist with projects on as needed basis and participate in Rapid Improvement Projects.
• Cross-selling and marketing services
• Continue education through seminars and industry certifications, etc.
• Working knowledge of Datair Record Keeping System
• Working knowledge of FT Williams
• Plan Design Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Financial discipline
• Industry certification
• Experience in Employee Communications
• Sales and Marketing experience
• Product development expertise