Broadridge is growing! We are currently hiring a Director, Software Engineering. In this role, you’ll work with and lead multiple agile teams. You’ll help modernize legacy codebases, and implement new features that embrace modern scalable, secure, resilient standard methodologies.
- Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing or new business applications.
- Handle, and grow multiple teams of product focused software & data engineers.
- Review business and functional requirements provided by the Product Management team.
- Create technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions that will result in new business or technical improvements.
- Contribute to technical roadmap and continually review existing architecture for improvements.
- Provide mentorship to other developers in terms of technology decisions and code reviews.
- Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation.
- Ensure every coding path is unit tested and bug free.
- Ensure all code conforms to software security practices and is free of security vulnerabilities.
- Work with QA to build test cases and explain impacted test areas
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during client implementations when needed
- Collaborates and partner with business to plan and execute development projects, ensures that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver projects on a daring, but achievable timeline.
- Provides leadership and guidance to mentor, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
- 10+ years of overall software development experience, leading software, or data engineering teams
- experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools
- Knowledge of IT strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps
- Shown experience designing, and supporting enterprise scale systems that have high performance and scalability requirements
- Passion for always learning and applying new technologies to solve clients’ objectives
- Prior experience leading a software organization through transformation
- Demonstrated management experience in leading engineering teams; ability to coach and mentor resources and optimally handle and shape team and individual behaviors
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent
- Ability to coach, motivate, and lead team members and organizations to their optimum performance
- Expert presentation skills used to influence other leaders across the enterprise
- Total dedication to quality and attention to detail