Broadridge is growing! We are looking for our next Sr. Data Warehouse Software Engineer/Architect. This is a fulltime direct hire position.
We are seeking someone to become a trusted advisor to our Customers and will work with sales, business development, enterprise and business architects, and our service team to drive data and analytics related adoption and revenue and reusability at Broadridge.
- Responsible for maintenance, development and support of our core Data warehouse alongside multiple strategic databases/warehouses and applications (Production/On call support on a rotation basis will also be required)
- Help evolve our AWS data warehouse solution and strategy
- Crafting data architectures for products and services across the enterprise.
- Crafts technical solutions for software development projects and leads technical delivery and project team through the SDLC
- Establish data integration strategies and reusable patterns for sharing of data assets for efficient use across the group
- Develop high volume and high velocity data ingestion and processing solutions. This includes edge analytics, machine learning and sophisticated analytics solutions to build measurable intelligence.
- Architecting and building data pipelines to gather and prioritize data from a variety of internal and external sources
- Performing functions on incoming data - cleanse, format, structure, etc.
- Migrate data from on prem sources to AWS cloud.
- Interact closely with product owners, software engineers and data scientists to understand data, information, analytics and business intelligence requirements
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge
- In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of data services.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, engineering teams and support.
- Author and contribute to customer-facing and internal publications such as blogs, white papers, standard methodologies and code reusables
- Present data strategy and architecture to senior leaders at appropriate level of depth with business focus as well as technical audiences with deep technical focus
- Build deep relationships with senior business and technical individuals within Customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Mentor & guide Tech Leads & Software Engineers
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability building large-scale distributed Data Warehouse systems with a focus on high performance/high availability
- 5+ years working with Data Warehouse Design, Development, Optimization, and Performance Tuning
- 2+ years in Redshift required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with NoSQL DBs and/or native AWS DB services is required
- Hands on experience working on large-scale data science/data analytics projects
- Hands-on experience with AWS technologies such as Glue, S3, etc.
- Hands on experience with building data or machine learning pipeline with AWS SageMaker
- Experience with Big Data (EMR, Hadoop) and/or streaming (Kinesis, Kafka) technologies is highly preferred
- Proficiency with AWS Glue and Python/Pyspark; 2+ years of hands-on experience required
- 2+ years experience with Terraform to deploy AWS resources required
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
- 3+ years experiences developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies.
- Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present sophisticated technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in using Groovy to create build and deploy pipelines in Jenkins