Broadridge is growing! We are actively recruiting for a Safety Director to join our growing Human Resources organization! This role will report into our Edgewood, NY facility located behind the Deer Park Train Station. We encourage you to learn more below.
The position's responsibilities include:
- Leading Site Safety Committees, identifying risks, hazards, drive remediation and working with management at all levels to continuously improve our safety posture.
- Responding to emergencies and leading investigations of job-related accidents and injuries to determine the root cause, circumstances, and contributing factors. Developing and implementing corrective action recommendations and following up to prevent the possibility of recurrence.
- Collaborating with staff at other Company sites to ensure consistency in processes where appropriate, including development of corporate safety standards and policies.
- Conducting regular safety audits of company buildings, facilities, tools, equipment, and working conditions to identify problems, reporting findings to management, recommending solutions to correct hazardous safety or health situations, and following up to ensure successful resolution.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with various regulatory agencies, industry organizations, and consultants. Interacting with regulatory agencies and addressing any complaints associated with safety compliance. Performing risk management activities in responding to regulatory agencies' requests for information and in litigation avoidance.
- Partnering with Facilities and other partners to in environmental issues, ensuring that any sites contaminated with spills, hazardous waste, or production by-products are cleaned up in accordance with government regulations.
- Deploying and supporting the use of the Broadridge Safety platform, Intelex, for the identification and tracking of incidents, near-misses, inspections and other documentary requirements. Contribute to the improvement of Safety reporting and data collection processes.
- Interacting with others in the administration of the worker's compensation program including record keeping, risk assessments, implementation of workplace ergonomic solutions, and loss control measures to reduce costs and liabilities.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of current OSHA and state government safety regulations and developing, implementing, and maintaining required guidelines, policies, and procedures to guarantee adherence in an efficient manner.
- Support Facilities in submitting environmental regulatory permits for air, water, and solid and hazardous waste; record keeping, permitting, and reporting activities to reduce liabilities and negative impact on the company.
- Managing expenses appropriately to established budget and providing input into the safety budget.
We seek the following skills and experience for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, Environmental Health Science, Engineering, or Business Management.
- Advanced degree or certification in Safety or Environmental Management preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years related experience as a Safety Manager, including development and delivery of safety training; working knowledge of OSHA and local government safety and health regulations required.
- 8+ years business experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Certified Occupational Hearing Conservationist certified by the Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation is preferred.
- First Aid, CPR and emergency medical response training is encouraged.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to interpret information, think critically, identify trends, prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated solid customer service skills.
- Understanding how to work in a diverse group environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well to and show respect and consideration for others and build relationships.
- Ability to operate a PC and be literate in using application software such as Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, and Health & Safety Quality Management software.
- Excellent follow up and oral and written communication skills. Ability to present concise and accurate information to peers, customers and management; ability to lead meetings/training sessions, generate group discussion and feedback and use media effectively.
- May be required to carry a cellular phone for on-call support as required which may include 24x7 coverage. May be necessary to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, etc.). Occasional travel may be required.
- Significant amount of standing and walking may be required and may be exposed to excessive or loud noise in the production environment where hearing protection is requisite.
Why Join Broadridge?
- We offer a valuable benefits package effective date of hire including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, fertility treatment, inclusive parental leave, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits and more.
- We support a number of associate-led networks where associates with similar backgrounds and interests can find peer support, shape company policy and culture, receive mentorship from senior members, and develop their careers.
- We provide a competitive 401k plan with employer match and additional basic company contribution.
- We encourage our associates to rest and relax by taking advantage of our generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time, and paid company holidays.
- We strive to improve both our environmental impact as well as our industries’ by partnering with our clients to decrease their carbon footprint through digitization, data, and innovation.
- We empower our people and our communities. Through our volunteer time off and matching gift programs, we encourage associates to help make Broadridge an indispensable community partner.
Locations: Brentwood, New York