Broadridge Quality Assurance Analyst/Business Analyst is primarily responsible for understanding financial related communication(s) regarding simple to moderately complex testing requirements, scripting, execution, and reporting of those test results for the following types of tests: automated and manual, positive and negative, and regression, integration, system and smoke testing. The analyst is also involved in change management and documentation. Other tasks as assigned.
In addition, this position may also include Business Analysis and Content System Configuration within our proprietary print and digital content management system, as outlined below.
This position is open to Remote.
- In order to gain an understanding of the testing requirements, analyze simple to moderately complex requirements documents, design specifications, and functional specifications with applicable Broadridge departments (e.g. product management, development, etc.) as well as other key stakeholders (sponsor, end customer, etc.).
- Attend change management meetings with Development and Product teams to review current changes in each release cycle.
- Participate in the preparation of comprehensive test plans and scripts for new and changed functionality as per department policies and procedures for the following: automated and manual; positive and negative; regression, integration, system, and smoke testing.
- Ensure all documentation and scripts are maintained and kept up to date with application changes.
- Perform and/or review the checks necessary to ensure that all code changes have been made known to QA, and that all changes have the necessary approvals.
- Perform the following testing for new and changed functionality to ensure that requirements have been met, that system behavior is as expected and determine that the system is suitable for release: automated and manual; positive and negative; regression, integration, system, and smoke testing.
- Identify points of failure by tracing them to the original source code, where applicable.
- Provide testing support on production issues.
- Liaise with the development teams on testing discrepancies identified.
- Document, communicate, and track all testing results.
- Record testing discrepancies in the defect tracking system, including the necessary information to identify
or recreate them.
Business Analysis, tasks as needed (under the guidance of a Senior Associate)
- Work to understand client business requirements and recommend solutions to create customized content for print and electronic marketing communications pieces. Other tasks as assigned
- Data mapping of client feeds
- Identifying business logic and working with the client and internal teams on design and manufacturing implications
- Other tasks include:
- Preparation of user documentation
- Configuration of systems/writing business rules
- Providing client training
- Serving as a resource for the IT/QA teams during implementation and testing
Education and Experience Requirements
- 0-2 years’ experience in marketing or financial services or equivalent education
- Degree in IT related field
- Experience writing Excel Macros and writing/understanding business logic statements
- Recent college graduates encouraged to apply
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification (Preferred)