Broadridge is hiring! This is a contract role to work remotely, initially. The Quality Assurance Analyst consultant is primarily responsible for performing manual and automation functional testing for a suite of products. The role will focus on the analyst's ability to understanding testing requirements, test case creation, test execution, and reporting test results for to all partners for assigned projects. You will be an individual contributor who is responsible for the preparation of test data, test planning and execution, reporting on testing status.
- Test and review new/changed areas in the system as submitted by development personnel, ensuring that they meet the requirements specified in the enhancement specification for the change.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Review functional and technical specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Identify test requirements from functional specs, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Insure that all new/changed programs and modules follow published standards.
- Test and review new/changed areas of the system to ensure that existing functionality is preserved.
- Document and implement detailed test plans and test scripts.
- Develops detailed test plans from functional specs and technical design documents.
- Monitors and tracks defects associated with project
- Provides status reports to management on an on-going basis.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and collaboratively in a team environment
- Business Expertise: Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Problem Solving: Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Interpersonal Skills: Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Participate in the development of consistent testing methodologies and environments
- Understanding of the financial industry such as fixed income software testing or back office processing experience is preferred
- Gain an understanding of the testing requirements, analyze moderate to highly complex requirements documents, design specifications, functional specifications, and changed or modified code with applicable Broadridge departments (e.g. product management, development, etc.) as well as other key stakeholders
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of comprehensive test plans and scripts for new and changed functionality as per department policies and procedures to validate positive and negative; regression, integration, end to end and quick confidence testing.
- Ensure all documentation and scripts are maintained and kept up to date with application changes
- Create test plans and scripts for new and changed functionality as per department policies and manual testing procedures for functional positive/negative testing, regression, End to End/Integration testing for new and changed functionality to ensure requirements have been met, that system behavior is as expected.
- Ensure test data sets are created for QA testing.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to ensure consistent testing methodologies.
- Liaise with the development teams and business team on testing discrepancies identified.
- Testing functionality to move across entire process including but not limited to checking client data transition, database functionality/reporting.
- Using business requirements documents analyze changes or modified code to create QA test plans in the QA test planning tool
- Review existing test plans and scripts to determine where re-usable and/or improvements can be made.
- Document, communicate, track, and manage all testing results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 7+ years of software testing (hands on) experience required
- Understanding of Statement & Confirms, desired
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Understanding of financial terms and product knowledge, preferred
- ISTQB certification preferred
- Experience with QA test practices, constructing test cases and plans.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills to meet with team members regularly.