Broadridge is growing! We are searching for a remote Payroll Administrator/Tax Analyst to join our team based out of Newark, NJ. As the Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for processing Broadridge multi-state bi-weekly and monthly payrolls. You will act as the subject matter expert and support HR Operations with day to day inquiries to complex payroll issues and tax questions. This role requires knowledge of payroll tax regulations to interpret Federal and state laws. Knowledge of Benefits taxation and FLSA guidelines is also vital.
This is a contract role with the opportunity for full time employment.
- Process US biweekly payrolls to ensure timely and accurate paychecks using ADP Enterprise EV5.
- Perform accurate calculation for new hires, terminations, LOAs, third party sick pay and salary changes.
- Work with Finance on Payroll reconciliations.
- Interpret payroll policies and tax rules to ensure appropriate tax, benefits and garnishment deductions are calculated and applied correctly.
- Issuance of off cycle manual payments based on payroll procedures and State requirements.
- Review of severance agreements and payments according to the terms.
- Conduct Peer-review for any transactions issued by Payroll team members.
- Interpret court orders to appropriately review tax levies and other garnishments.
- Follows Corporate SOX internal controls and utilizes the pre and post audits cycle checklists to maintain compliance.
- Research complex and critical issues while meeting Payroll SLA’s.
- Make recommendations for process improvement opportunities. Document department processes and update SOPs.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of ADP Enterprise EV5 Payroll required.
- Workday HR knowledge is a plus.
- 5 + years of payroll experience.
- Proven customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to Multi-Task and prioritize
- Self-starter with ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Maintain privacy of data and information.
- Teamwork, coordination and collaboration.
- Intermediate level using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook