Broadridge is Hiring! We are looking for a Lead Quality Assurance (QA) Testing Engineer – consultant to work remotely on contract basis. The Lead Test Engineer will be primarily responsible for leading the testing requirements, test case creation, test execution, and reporting test results for to all stakeholders for functional, regression and SIT cycles.
- The Lead QA Testing Engineer takes on a leadership role in with collaborating with the Broadridge leadership team and others to prepare test data, test cases and provide timely testing status.
- The Lead QA Testing Engineer is also involved in ensuring that all QA testing documentation is accurate and complete, business/development testing meetings, QA metrics, and helping to guide junior analyst.
- The Lead QA Testing Engineer can/will lead cross functional testing teams, as needed.
QA Practices and Process
- Collaborate with other QA members to enhance existing QA procedures/processes and the QA metrics to assess the quality of the delivered application software.
- Execute the overall planning and execution of testing objectives for assigned projects;
- Coordinate and lead the testing efforts for assigned projects
- Ensure all QA control functions are completely and consistently executed;
- Participate in the development of consistent testing methodologies and environments.
- Coordinate code deployment for assigned projects;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks; as well as define problems, and develop a means and/or method to resolve them in a timely manner
- Gain an understanding of the testing requirements, analyze moderate to highly complex requirements documents, design specifications, functional specifications, and changed or modified code with applicable Broadridge departments (e.g. product management, development, etc.) as well as other key stakeholders (sponsor, end customer, etc.).
- Attend and/or conduct QA status meetings with Development and PMs teams to review current changes in each release cycle.
- Collaborate with others in QA to define and construct the test data plan
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of comprehensive test plans and scripts for new and changed functionality as per department policies and procedures to validate positive and negative; regression, integration, end to end and quick confidence testing.
- Ensure all documentation and scripts are maintained and kept up to date with application changes.
- Review existing test plans and scripts with QA members to determine where improvements can made and identify re-usable test data to cover all test conditions.
- Ensure test data sets are prepared and ready for testing prior code deploys to the testing regions.
- Report on the defect status for assignments to senior management and project partners.
- Ensure defects are linked to related test cases
- Liaise with the development and business teams on testing discrepancies identified.
- Perform the following testing for new and changed functionality to ensure that requirements have been met, that system behavior is as expected and determine that the system is suitable for release: automated and manual; positive and negative; regression, integration, system, and smoke testing.
- Identify points of failure by tracing them to the original source code, where applicable.
- 8yrs to 10 yrs. of software testing (hands on) experiences required
- Knowledge of Statements and Confirms as it relates to Client Reporting
- Understanding of financial terms knowledge, preferred
- Automation Tools - hands on experiences, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Finance, preferred
- Leadership skills with complex project management and working in cross functional teams
- ITSQB certified, a plus
- Agile Methodologies with practical experiences, a plus