Broadridge is hiring! We currently have an opening for a Lead Software Engineer specializing in Java with AWS experience including Chef, Terraform and Lambda step functions. This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for you to join our growing team supporting our cloud-based marketing solution and services offering supporting wealth and asset managers.
Broadridge is a leading provider of investor communications and technology solutions to banks, broker-dealers, mutual funds, and corporations globally. Our systems and services include investor communication solutions, securities processing and operations. In short, we provide the infrastructure that helps the financial services industry operate! With 50 years of experience, we provide financial services firms with sophisticated, diligent, scalable and cost efficient coordinated services to help run their businesses.
- Responsible for development and support of multiple strategic applications for Broadridge products
- Provides technical leadership to developers in a variety of duties including data design, coding, testing, technical design, development, and troubleshooting. Guides more junior associates through established processes
- Handles technical implementation, code quality and overall efficiency of the development team
- Provides estimates of all priority and non-priority projects along with recommended scope or schedule changes based on capacity and unforeseen challenges
- Identifies potential issues while staying focused on identified priorities.
- Collaborates with peers and other technical teams, such as other development teams, Architecture, Operations.
- Delivers high quality software, timely, following Broadridge SDLC processes.
- Works within and across teams to craft, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Builds and maintains CI\CD pipeline in different environments.
- Ensures technical & security best practices along with Broadridge standards are adhered to on continuous basis.
- Translates business requirements into technical designs.
- Fixes production issues as needed.
- Participates technical design sessions and works closely with multiple teams to review work (architecture, code, etc.) for multiple projects.
- Carries out code reviews.
- Contributes to technical solutions for software development projects.
- Understands dependencies between software and other parts of the processing stack.
Skills / Proficiencies
- Demonstrated ability with commercial software architectures at both a software and infrastructure level
- Functional skills – Application Development Life Cycle / Waterfall and Agile Development, System Design and Architecture, DevOps / Deployment automation
- Hardworking teammate who understands and respects personal & cultural differences
- Ability to work under pressure and be highly adaptable
- Strong written and communications skills for collaboration with various teams and upper management
- Solid analytical skills- with a continuous focus on aligning technical roadmap with the immediate and long-term Business strategy
- Able to adapt and embrace change and support business strategy and vision.
- Knowledge of software design patterns/architecture like Micro-services, Layered pattern, etc.
- Experience deploying applications in an AWS Cloud environment is highly desired but not required
- Experience with Chef and Terraform
- Experience with AWS Lambda and Step Functions
Locations: Brentwood, New York