Broadridge is hiring! The Distribution Data & Analytics team has an opening for a Lead Data Engineer based out of our Pittsburgh, PA location (hybrid remote work with hoteling space). We are looking for a proficient data engineer who is passionate about developing high quality software and data solutions. You will collaborate with other like-minded team members that rely on your experience and technical background to deliver solutions quickly and optimally using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Greenplum, Java, and Python.
Are you looking for the opportunity to work with a growing & innovative team? If you're passionate about technology and are looking to be a part of a growing and multifaceted Fin Tech team, we encourage you to read below!
- Define the technical architecture, design, and scope of data engineering projects, including a strategic migration from Greenplum to a cloud-native data warehouse like Redshift or Snowflake.
- Work with senior leaders, product managers, data scientists, business users, and other members of the team to understand solution requirements and author code that satisfies those requirements.
- Create and manage project-specific data marts to support ad hoc data science initiatives.
- Support data analytics and visualization projects using tools like Jupyter notebooks, Looker, GoodData, or Power BI.
- Coordinate with data governance and security teams to ensure data assets are secure and aligned with corporate policies and privacy requirements.
- Partner with customer support by analyzing and correcting reported problems in a timely manner.
- Produce high quality code developed using sound computer science principles.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings, team design sessions, code reviews, and contribute to architectural decisions.
- Deliver accurate and complete solutions, provide estimates for work you're leading, and review estimates for tasks assigned to others.
- Work with the QA team to help them diagnose possible bugs, and to advise them about testing requirements associated with code changes.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to more junior levels of the software engineering staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability by being willing to tackle any development task required.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent education and experience.
- 10+ years of application development experience, with an emphasis on data-driven solutions.
- Extensive hands-on experience with data analytics, data preparation (including ETL/ELT), data management, data visualization & business intelligence, and database administration.
- Expert-level PostgreSQL, Oracle, and/or SQL Server-based SQL skills.
- Strong Java, Python, and general object-oriented coding skills.
- Experience using cloud architecture(s) for the enablement of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation, and high availability is a big plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS S3, Aurora/RDS, Redshift and/or Snowflake.
- Full SDLC development methodologies including SCRUM/Agile and Jira experience preferred.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Git, Nexus, and more.
- Creative problem skills, dedication to excellence, and ambition to succeed.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills and to perform with minimal management oversight.
- Experience in writing unit tests and resolving lint errors.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.