Broadridge is hiring! We are looking to hire a Physical Security Console Operator to support our onsite Security operations. This will be a second shift role from Sunday- Thursday: either 2:30 pm -10:30 am or 3:00 pm -11:00 pm, located in our Newark, NJ facility.
Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic team? If so, please read below!
This role is responsible for the monitoring of the site. This responsibility includes being the first line Security contact for Associates and visitors, as well as being directly responsible for the proper handling of all general administrative actions at the assigned post. The role also includes, but is not limited to, manning static or roving posts in accordance with the post orders and policies, access control of the facilities and surrounding company area, and the video monitoring of the facilities and its surrounding area as well as executing any directives put forth by the Corporate Security Management Team.
- The physical security of the site in regards to protection of assets and associates.
- Monitoring and controlling personnel access into the facility.
- Monitoring and reporting the following: event alarms triggered on the access control system and or closed-circuit television (CCTV) system, ID/access badge issue, physical security of the site, and the historical log book.
- Responding, evaluating and resolving any event alarms received at the console monitoring station.
- Conducting roving patrol inspections of the Broadridge facilities, both external and internal, and notifying the proper Broadridge authority of any issues found to include procedural breaches in security policies.
- Keeping the Security Management Team abreast of all security matters and issues as they pertain to the site and performing additional duties as directed.
- High School diploma is required
- A minimum of three years of experience in the security field.
- Able to work from Sunday- Thursday: either 2:30 pm -10:30 am or 3:00 pm -11:00 pm. Shift is subject to change based on coverage and department needs.
- Ability to communicate orally with other Security and Facility personnel and in the written form in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be vigilant, reporting any security issues or incidents. Knowledge of filing and phone courtesy is required.
- Ability to use personal computer, including, but not limited to, a basic level of the following: Typing, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint is required. CPR qualified preferred.
- Must have flexibility. Must be able to travel and perform other related duties and functions as assigned by management.
Why Join Broadridge?
- We offer a valuable benefits package effective date of hire including comprehensive healthcare (medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision), wellness benefits, fertility treatment, inclusive parental leave, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability benefits and more.
- We support a number of associate-led networks where associates with similar backgrounds and interests can find peer support, shape company policy and culture, receive mentorship from senior members, and develop their careers.
- We provide a competitive 401k plan with employer match and additional basic company contribution.
- We encourage our associates to rest and relax by taking advantage of our generous paid time off program including vacation, personal holidays, sick time, and paid company holidays.
- We strive to improve both our environmental impact as well as our industries’ by partnering with our clients to decrease their carbon footprint through digitization, data, and innovation.
- We empower our people and our communities. Through our volunteer time off and matching gift programs, we encourage associates to help make Broadridge an indispensable community partner.