In this role, the Associate will be responsible for the daily processing of shareholder and DTC presentations related to various transfer agent activities. The Associate will be responsible for reviewing all paperwork associated with the presentation, and the subsequent processing or verification of the transaction. The Associate will be responsible for ensuring all service delivery requirements are met on a daily basis, and will lend assistance to other units within the Transfer Agent organization when required. Additionally, the Associate will assist in system development initiatives when necessary as well assist with special projects as needed.
Review and approval of shareholder and DTC presentations related to various stock transfer transaction types including:
- Routine and non-routine transfers Inheritance transfers Gift transfers Cost basis processing DTC processing (DWAC & DRS) DRIP/DSPP plan enrollments New issuances of stock Restricted stock transfers
- Work on special projects within the unit to gain efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Partner with other departments to resolve and remediate day to day issues that may arise.
- Assist with testing requirements resulting from system enhancement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred;
- 3+ years of prior Transfer Agent experience or Financial industry experience preferred;
- Have strong follow up skills;
- Be detail oriented and able to recognize errors in own work as well as the work of others;
- Be able to multitask and prioritize critical items before all other daily tasks;
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation while also championing teamwork to manage to SLAs;
- Possess exceptional writing skills, with experience in drafting sympathetic responses;
- Be able to think critically and interpret requests received from co-workers, clients, and shareholders;
- Have typing skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer;
- Possess the ability to monitor daily activities and proactively intervene when necessary to ensure accurate and timely responses; and
- Have time management and data entry skills.
Locations: Brentwood, New York