Are you ready to make a positive impact on clients, colleagues, and the global community? Do you value commitment, curiosity, continuous growth, compassion, community, and collaboration?
Join us at Brighton Jones; our purpose is to make the world a better place through our clients living richer lives. We are the largest RIA in the Pacific Northwest, headquartered in Seattle, with offices nationwide. From the very start, we have been an award-winning organization, from countless Best Places to Work awards — including Seattle Business Magazine's Best Companies to Work for 15 years in a row — to national and regional Community Impact awards, we pride ourselves in our culture and giving back to our community. We are industry leaders, pioneering the next change in the wealth management industry with our focus on aligning our clients’ money with what matters to them through MESI (Mindfulness, Emotional and Social Intelligence). This allows us to help our clients align their resources with their values, passions, and purpose so they live happier, healthier lives.
Our team-based, client-centric approach has fueled our growth over the last 20+ years, and we’re now 250 teammates strong and growing, serving more than 4,000 clients, and advising on over $19 billion+ in assets. Every teammate has a path to ownership in the firm. We're looking for driven individuals who bring a "How can I help?" attitude to their work and are passionate about contributing to and celebrating the success of both clients and colleagues. Join our #OneTeam and be part of an industry leader committed to creating an incredible culture where every teammate can thrive.
Brighton Jones, one of the country’s fastest-growing wealth management and tax firms, is looking for a Tax Manager (or experienced Senior Tax Associate ready to be a Tax Manager) to join the team and provide immediate positive service impact for individual income tax planning and compliance, fiduciary income tax planning and compliance, and related estate gift and charitable tax planning and compliance.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Tax Manager who enjoys developing and maintaining lasting relationships with our clients. We really get to know our clients, have a deep understanding of their personal and business goals, and provide high-quality tax and planning advice using a consultative and comprehensive approach.
A significant portion of the Tax Services practice consists of managing the tax compliance process for our clients’ individual income tax, trust, and gift tax returns. This position is responsible for overseeing a portion of the Tax Services group in the preparation and planning process for the firm’s clients.
Take our Values in Action Self-Assessment to see how our values align!
- Lead tax client service team for compliance and tax planning for some of the firm’s clients
- Final review and sign off of tax returns (federal & state returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates)
- Oversee tax projections and tax audits for clients
- Support the advisory team in tax planning related functions
- Assist clients by phone support and attend client meetings
- Conduct technical research as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required; Masters in Taxation or JD preferred
- 4+ years of complicated individual income tax return compliance required; estate, gift, trust and partnership experience also required
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis and evaluation
- Strong computer skills (Windows, MSFT Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (Salesforce, etc.) and tax research tools (BNA Portfolios and RIA Checkpoint)
- Experience with CCH Axcess Tax, BNA Tax Planner preferred
- Strong research skills and knowledge in tax related areas and understanding of the workings of the Internal Revenue Code, Regulations and other tax pronouncements
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time sensitive basis
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of firm professionals with a range of tax knowledge
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with continued growth and development
- This role is an in-office, full-time, and exempt position. We are a work from office culture with lots of flexibility.
- Annual Compensation: $80,000 - $125,000 per year
- Benefits: Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to, health care benefits (medical/dental/vision), retirement benefits, paid time off (PTO), holiday flex-days, summer flex-days, company-paid holidays, parental leave, transportation benefits, unlimited volunteer time off, professional, and personal wellbeing stipend, and other fringe benefits.
Our #OneTeam feels a sense of connection, pride, and ownership with our mission, vision, values, and objectives. We are committed to building a business where 100% of our team members genuinely love where they work and are supported by their colleagues. We do this through building authentic relationships with one another, supporting each other to continuously learn and grow, working hard while having lots of fun, and giving back to our community.
We are a team founded on equity and respect, and we’re on a mission to help our clients, teammates, and global community thrive. Brighton Jones is committed to building a team comprised of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. We actively foster a compassionate and inclusive culture, one in which all members of the greater Brighton Jones family feel safe to express their unique identities and empowered to reach their full potential.
To the right individual, we offer very competitive compensation, benefits package, and rewarding career opportunities. If you’ve been reading this job description thinking to yourself, this is the place for me, include in your cover letter why you’re excited to join our growing #OneTeam and be sure to describe how the opportunity aligns with your career objectives.
Brighton Jones provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or caste. In addition to federal law requirements, Brighton Jones complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
What to expect in the hiring process
1. Values in Action Self-Assessment - at Brighton Jones we don’t just talk about our values, we live by them! We’ve operationalized our values into behaviors and part of the application process includes completing a brief self-assessment on our Values in Action.
2. Initial Interview - this 30-min chat with a recruiter or hiring manager gives us a chance to learn about your background and goals and share more about the role and company.
3. Role Alignment - next you’ll meet with the hiring manager and a peer (virtual or in-person) to dive deeper into the role, responsibilities, and your transferrable experiences.
4. Full Loop - you’ll meet the team in two, back-to-back interviews with team members you’re likely to work with. During these conversations, we’ll be listening for examples of your technical skills as well as how core values show up in your experience. There may also be a writing sample, role play, hiring, or technical assessment depending on the position.
5. Personal Reference Calls - in this final step in the hiring process, you will be asked to arrange 1-2 personal reference calls with past managers of our choosing.
6. What’s Next - interviewing is time consuming and stressful, and we appreciate you taking the time to get to know us. Whatever the final decision, we’ll let you know our decision as quickly as we can. If this role isn’t a good fit, we invite you to stay connected and apply again.