Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re looking for a Director of Product to join our growing Product team. Reporting to our SVP of Product, this role will be a core member of our Product Leadership team. You will lead our Member Product Management team to drive Product Strategy, Execution, and Iteration on all of our post-checkout consumer experiences. You will collaborate with senior leaders in Operations, Finance, Legal, Design, and Engineering to deliver high-quality solutions that drive direct impact to Bread’s top and bottom line.
Your role at Bread:
- You will own and drive the strategic vision and roadmap for our post-origination consumer experiences - both on and offline.
- You will partner with leaders in Product and across Bread to develop a well-grounded strategy, driven by data, user and market research, and internal insights.
- Individually and as a manager, you will partner closely with Design and Engineering to bring that vision and roadmap to life, driving measurable top and bottom line growth for Bread.
- You will coach and grow your team members into long-term company leaders. You will hire onto and and scale your team in line with the company strategy and needs.
- As a key member of the Product Leadership Team, you will own and drive improvement to internal and cross functional team processes and practices.
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years of product leadership experience for a Financial Technology organization where you built technology-enabled lending products and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience at companies in many stages - especially high growth environments
- Ability to blend strategic and tactical execution skills; drive high-level strategy as well as dive into the weeds and get hands-on when needed
- Effective communicator who cares about people and can build relationships and alignment both internally and externally
- Built, led and developed a high-performing team, scaling from 1 to 5+ team members; experience leading a remote/distributed team environment a plus
- Clear understanding and ability to explain the business opportunity and technical decisions behind your product portfolio