Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Integrations team is creating the future of the developer experience at PayPal. Customers around the world depend on PayPal’s APIs to keep their businesses thriving, and we believe that developers working with PayPal’s products need APIs that are consistent, ergonomic, and innovative to be successful. We partner with teams that build and own the best-in-class solutions offered across PayPal to find common ways of expressing PayPal’s products to our customers and common tools to make working with those APIs easy for both our customers and PayPal developers.
We are looking for a passionate, highly talented, self-driven, and proven software development manager to join our team!
About the "Braintree Payment Experiences" Team:
- Manager of up to 2 sprint teams working on the following products:
- Pay with PayPal and Pay with Venmo - enable easy processing of PayPal and Venmo payments.
- Local Payment Methods - enable new and emerging payment methods that are becoming popular across the world.
- Unbranded wallets - enable network tokenized wallets, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and SRC.
What we look for in you:
- 2+ years experience building and leading successful engineering teams, mentoring engineers including providing feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members.
- Experience in developer-facing products (e.g. REST APIs, GraphQL), products that enable third-party application development, or serverless technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda) are great to have but not required.
- Experience turning strategies and plans into reality, partnering with product and design to scope, plan and prioritize work.
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, our software).
- An eye for design or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition. Strong empathy for consumers and merchants that PayPal serves and an interest in building products that better serve them.
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others. Ability to work autonomously to drive clarity in ambiguous situations.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience balancing diverse priorities in a fair and transparent manner. Ability to navigate difficult conversations, both on your team and with stakeholder teams.
More About Braintree Teams:
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
PayPal’s APIs are largely REST APIs built in Java, but we also have components built in Ruby, Clojure, Node, and a variety of other technologies. We are also continuing to invest in GraphQL, and also offer merchants and partners a platform based on serverless technologies, running at the edge, that enables them to add custom functionality to our platform.
Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Our teams are geographically diverse and adept at collaborating across long distances. Some of our teams utilize pair programming, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you; teams that don’t utilize pair programming still emphasize collaboration as key to building quality solutions.
We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department – developers test, release and monitor their own code.
We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
- Open dev days: every two weeks, we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge.
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.