All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
Boxed is seeking an experienced Financial Systems Manager to expand, develop and maintain all Accounting and Finance related tools. The Financial System Manager will also be responsible for ensuring functionality, integrity and dependability for the Accounting System (Netsuite), database, and proprietary system impacting accounting and finance.
This role would recommend and implement efficiency and modifications to increase productivity and streamline workflow.
Reporting to the Controller, they will also provide leadership and a strong technical background to the team.
- Develop and Upgrade Accounting Systems to Netsuite One-World to support multiple entities
- Be an active manager of accounting operations and finance related systems to manage inventory, data warehouse management, accounts payable / receivable, travel & corporate expense management, and currently include Avalara, Teampay, Abacus, Foxtrot, and Periscope
- Ensure integrity of the Accounting System by developing safeguards and controls including account creation, user access/permissions and maintaining locked financial periods
- Understand crucial points of reliance on data and system to ensure finance and accounting can meet their deadlines
- Take a leadership role achieving SOX compliances for financial systems
- Recommend, present and implement area of workflow improvements
- Work with IT, Tech and InfoSec to test and develop security and accuracy
- Work with FP&A to streamline Budgeting and Forecast tools
- Work with outside groups who utilize Boxed’s proprietary system to integrate with NetSuite and other financial tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information System, Finance/Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 8-10+ years of knowledge and related industry experience implementing and maintaining financial systems
- In-depth experience in implementing Financial & Financial planning systems (ERP, Planning, other tools)
- Experience in e-commerce / retail a plus
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment, customer focused and collaborative with stakeholders on various teams
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
- Comprehensive understanding US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to research and communicate technical system issues to senior management and prepare and maintain relevant and organized work papers and memorandum
- Strong project management skills including the ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!