All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
Boxed, we spend each day defining and leading an industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Beyond our B2C & B2B relationships, Boxed provides innovative technology options for businesses to access our customers, many of whom are BoxedUP subscription members. Leveraging these strengths is where the Director of Marketplace comes in. The Director of Marketplace, is responsible for conceptualizing and executing the strategic framework of B2B partnerships and B2C revenue growth. This is an exciting new initiative to build and scale to contribute to Boxed future success. Strategic Operations & Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build a focused team to support the launch,growth and vision of the marketplace
- Through research and insights develop optimal partners list in collaboration with the merchandising team. Work towards a pipeline of sellers.
- Work with Finance to create alignment on winning fee structure that is competitive for partners and optimal for Boxed in order to create a cohesive product to market and publish widely to aid partnership building flow. Own P+L and continually optimize cost saving opportunities and requirements.
- Identify gaps in current system capabilities and find solutions to ensure continuation in go to market strategy.
- Develop a longer term technology roadmap to build a best in class platform to provide partners with a superior selling experience from uploading products to evaluating inventory and sales updates. Monitor and process enhancements in technology and software throughout usage. Work towards improving overall utility and functionality to eliminate labor intensive processes.
- Develop a financial model to project revenue growth based on partner, product and monthly expected revenue.
- Work with Finance to ensure legal agreement fully reflective of operational framework requirements and expectations. Work towards easy sign up experience.
- Partner Cross-Functionally to ensure marketplace strategies are supported across the organization.
Onboarding Process & Partner Growth
- Develop a winning pitch deck to provide new partner prospects with a comprehensive understanding of the platform from technology, onboarding processes to fee structure and growth opportunity.
- Develop a full marketing suite of paid opportunities for partners in order to increase visitors and conversion to products on the marketplace.
- Create onboarding milestone schedules to set partner live dates and work through process materials. Ensure partner landing pages, product specs and software requirements are tested and accurate before the live date.
- Monitor analytics across the spectrum of all live partner products. Create business plans along with partners to increase sales. Develop exclusive collaborations with partners to present new product collections for Boxed customers.
eCommerce Conversion & Customer Support
- Integrate marketplace products seamlessly within Boxed overall eCommerce offerings.
- Research and evaluate customer billing processes for partner products.
- Work with the Journey Mapping Team to optimize the experience of how partner product information is displayed to the consumer. Partner cross functionally to identify, develop and drive a strong user experience.
- Develop homepage, email and other paid opportunities to drive awareness of partner collaborations to Boxed visitors and existing customers.
We are seeking an individual who has:
- Leadership skills and strategic vision to grow and manage a new emerging business.
- Excellent time management skills and strong sense of urgency, with ability to multitask and work autonomously
- Deep understanding of how customers shop marketplaces and sellers leverage marketplace tools and functionality
- Ability to communicate consumer facing needs with back-end operational and IT teams.
- Analytics driven with experience managing top and bottom-line growth
- Review technical challenges and recommend solutions.
- Entrepreneurial, nimble and scrappy – that’s the Boxed DNA
- Culturally additive. Our colleagues and customers value the Boxed Values.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Proactively solving problems & seek ways to improve processes
- Effectively translating between commercial and operational audiences.
You need to have a consumer & retail approach, understanding the connection back to the supply chain, while developing plans/strategies for digital operations across the Boxed marketplace.
- 8+ years’ experience inc. marketplace, product management, business development. strong knowledge of operations, ideally with a focus on innovation and growth at a market-leading product organization.
- Experience negotiating complex deals with savvy counterparties to create mutual value
- Dexterity interfacing with a complex array of stakeholders at partner companies, across functions including executives, product, technology, privacy, security, marketing and finance
- Track record of success in a platform-oriented organization, demonstrated through specific metrics and performance numbers – especially topline and bottom line growth
- Experienced using data to identify opportunities and improve team performance
- Self-starter who is focused on execution, exceeding expectations, and building authentic relationships in order to consistently overachieve, no matter your task
- You’re mission-centric and motivated by performance metrics and KPIs
- Capable of a lockstep vision with your peers of Boxed’s potential to disrupt this space
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!