Process Engineering Manager
- Toronto, Canada
Baylis Medical Company is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. We require an experienced professional to occupy the position of Process Engineering Manager at our office in Mississauga, Ontario.
Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Process Engineering Manager will manage the process engineering department staff and projects. The candidate will be accountable for the planning and completion of process development projects, including the design and development of manufacturing processes, documentation, and equipment to successfully implement new and changed products into manufacturing
Specific responsibilities of the position will include:
- Setting the vision, goals and objectives of the department.
- Delivering production processes that are appropriate for the manufacturing environment, and that meet manufacturing objectives.
- Assigning, reviewing and evaluating process engineering project work.
- Making decisions concerning selection, training, rating, discipline and remuneration of staff.
- Developing and managing staff through training, assignments and coaching.
- Developing and implementing process development procedures that are compliant to FDA, ISO, GMP and all other applicable agency regulations and standards.
- Identifying and assigning projects for continual improvement and expanded capabilities.
- Complying with the Health & Safety policies of the company and informing Management of unsafe working conditions.
In order to perform the responsibilities of this challenging role, the following qualifications are mandatory:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field of science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Process Development & Engineering. Experience in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in personnel management and development.
- Thorough knowledge of medical device ISO quality systems and validation principles for manufacturing processes.
- Experience in design for manufacturing, process design, pFMEA, process validation and project management.
- Experience with statistical techniques (e.g., DOE, SPC, Six Sigma problem solving).
- Working knowledge of Lean & Six Sigma methodologies.
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills in order to work effectively across organizational boundaries and influence decision-makers across multiple sites/regions/levels.
This position is a permanent, full time position that will be based at Baylis Medical Company's office located at 2775 Matheson Blvd. East, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 4P7. Daily interactions and written communication will be conducted in English. The wage for this position will range between CAD$100,000 - CAD$135,000, depending on the level of experience of the candidate. Employment benefits are company standard and include extended medical, dental, disability and life insurance coverage. We also offer a voluntary group RRSP plan.
Back to top