As the Packaging Engineer you will design, test, and implement packaging designs that are an integral part of our Product Development process . This role will support the complete packaging development process to provide creative, timely and cost-effective solutions.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new package concepts and technologies
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, marketing, project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, and operation, to ensure project success.
- Design, develop, and verify/validate package components and packaging processes
- Work independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet project timelines.
- Work with external suppliers to design, qualify and procure packaging components.
- Complete packaging testing and technical investigation for commercial design improvements.
- Generate packaging-related documentation
- Perform root cause analysis as related to design, material, or process failures.
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from test results.
- Design, procure, and fabricate tooling and fixtures.
- As applicable, train technicians or operators on new processes or test procedures.
- Perform continuous improvement and support sustaining efforts
- Keep abreast of new technologies and advances in the greater packaging industries.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an engineering discipline required
- 0-2 years of previous experience in packaging engineering is required.
- Prior engineering experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 11607 and ISO 13485 is preferred
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated problem solving capability
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
- Quality-driven with great work ethic, highly motivated, tenacious and meticulous in execution
- Strong attention to detail; ability to manage simultaneous projects and timelines effectively
- Good planning, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in CAD (SolidWorks preferred) and drawings
What we have to offer:
- Smart commute options including complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station, and subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including onsite gym facility and fitness classes (yoga and boot camp).
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, organized sports teams, video games, foosball, ping pong, etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical