As a member of the Montreal office and Operations department, the Montreal Administrative Assistant supports the Montreal team through various administrative duties to assist the department in running efficiently and effectively. The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the customer service team, and the Finance team, and report directly to the Customer Success Manager. This position is also required to work closely with the EA team in Toronto, as directed to ensure consistency in process and procedures.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Support the office as directed by the Customer Success Manager and Assistant Controller.
- Answer phone, greet guests, open mail, support both Accounting and Customer Service with administrative tasks including filing, research, planning events, analysis, etc.
- Coordinate and support new hire orientation for Montreal employees under the direction of the Toronto Talent Acquisition team.
- Support event planning as needed for AGM, Thanksgiving, Christmas and team social events.
- Manage all Montreal general inquiries and distribute as needed general email, faxes and phone calls.
- Manage all office equipment, support building maintenance issues through coordinating with 3rd parties. Order office supplies for Montreal, as needed.
- Work closely with Admin team in Toronto to ensure consistency and to foster collaboration, under the direction of the President's EA. Provide back up for Toronto reception as needed.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve processes and support other team members.
- Adheres to all company and quality procedures and policies.
- All other administrative tasks as required including scheduling meetings, building maintenance, expense processing, etc.
- Completion of secondary school required and completion of university/college or other courses in business administration preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both in Montreal and Toronto locations.
- 2 - 5 Years administrative experience (experience in manufacturing environment preferred)
- Exceptional communication skills; written, verbal, in both French and English
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to accuracy, detail and deadline
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working individually or in a team setting. Self-starter and ability to take initiative.
- Positive attitude, customer service mindset and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Smart commute options including subsidized transit program.
- Flexible working hours that complement core business hours.
- One day off for volunteering, to give back to a charitable organization of your choice.
- Purposeful work that drives career development, with opportunities to learn and grow by way of on-site training, workshops, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Comprehensive total rewards package, including tuition reimbursement and lifestyle and health spending account.
- Well-being initiatives, including wellness challenges, and personalized health content through the League Benefits platform.
- Employee-friendly work environment, with opportunity to participate in employee-led clubs, team building activities, charitable initiatives etc.
At Baylis Medical, everyone works with a shared purpose: to improve the lives of people around the world. Named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, we are a rapidly growing leader in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cardiology. Our focus is on providing physicians clinically-relevant tools, so that no patient goes untreated.
We are looking for talented individuals, like yourself, to join Baylis Medical and make an impact in the lives of patients. Are you ready to join us?
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Want an inside look at careers and life at Baylis? View employee profiles on The Muse and follow us on Instagram @Baylismedical