BayFirst National Bank is a full-service community bank and national SBA Lender founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. We are a true community bank, and our unique model is grounded in supporting the strength and heart of our communities: individuals, families, and small business owners.
We are both current and comfortable for the broad customer base and communities in which we serve. We are socially responsible and understand our duty to the economic impact of the underserved. As a progressive and innovative organization, we are constantly moving forward in the changing world around us by acting with speed, simplicity, and decisiveness to meet our customers on their terms as products, technologies, and customer experience expectations evolve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, flexibility, competitive compensation, and best-in-class benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position must exemplify our retail mindset by understanding our clients' needs are at the center of all we do. The position requires a thorough understanding of all bank products and services, effective communication, and the ability to meet the clients' needs on their terms. Universal Bankers are responsible for establishing and maintaining client relationships and exceeding client expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy, and professionalism. Universal Bankers at BayFirst understand and appreciate the hours needed to meet client service expectations in a retail banking environment, including but not limited to extended banking center hours, Saturday coverage, as well as time for marketing and promotional events.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proficient in all bank products, programs, and services in order to provide our customers the best service possible.
- Ability to understand client's financial needs and make appropriate product recommendations and referrals.
- Meets or exceeds individual goals while supporting goals of the banking center.
- Performs routine customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, check cashing, cashier's checks, and issues debit cards.
- Opens and closes accounts, including checking, savings, CDs, IRAs, and safe deposit boxes and balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals.
- Exceed client expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Ability to travel to the headquarters or other banking centers in the Tampa Bay region as needed.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- 6+ months of previous cash handling experience in a business-related environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Positive retail mind-set
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints.
- Multilingual or Bilingual a plus
BayFirst National Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.