BayFirst National Bank is a full-service community bank and national SBA Lender founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. We are a true community bank, and our unique model is grounded in supporting the strength and heart of our communities: individuals, families, and small business owners.
We are both current and comfortable for the broad customer base and communities in which we serve. We are socially responsible and understand our duty to the economic impact of the underserved. As a progressive and innovative organization, we are constantly moving forward in the changing world around us by acting with speed, simplicity, and decisiveness to meet our customers on their terms as products, technologies, and customer experience expectations evolve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, flexibility, competitive compensation, and best-in-class benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The SBA Portfolio Manager is responsible for the management of a portfolio of SBA loans including government guaranteed loans. This position is expected to build a trusted, competent, and positive working relationship with each client in their portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring existing SBA loan portfolio to ensure it is performing adequately. Serves as first line of defense for loans that are exhibiting deteriorating credit quality. Refer deteriorating loans to special assets as appropriate.
- Process all necessary SBA loan servicing requests, ensuring that they meet all the required SOP loan servicing requirements. Ensure compliance with Bank Credit Policy and Small Business Administration Standard Operating Procedures. Responsible for preparing bank memo per procedures and if applicable supporting loan documentation to complete the servicing action request for customers.
- Serves as liaison with borrower to gather required financials/documents needed to complete annual reviews and maintain loan file for SBA compliance. Assist with other file maintenance exceptions, including direct communication with client.
- Prepare deferment requests as needed including financial analysis. Contact Colson and/or SBA when required for investor approval. Document them in the borrower's loan folder.
- Make outbound calls to check in with borrowers and determine if additional lending is needed to meet customer's business needs.
- Preparation of loan sale packages for investors on a quarterly basis. This process involves preparing the 1086 form, scrub process on all loans to ensure that no partial or full pay-off requests have been received and there are no default issues, sends reviewed/fully executed loan sale packages to each investor by DocuSign and monitoring loan sale for exceptions or corrections needed.
- Assist AVP, Senior Portfolio Manager in managing a team of SBA Portfolio Specialists that is responsible for monitoring and mining the SBA small loan portfolio.
- Document all communications with borrowers in the borrower's loan folder.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in credit analysis/portfolio management in a commercial lending environment
- Working knowledge of SBA regulations, eligibility requirements and loan application process
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercises independent judgment on client relationship credit analysis and takes appropriate resulting action
- Thorough understanding of banking services
- Strong understanding of the commercial underwriting process
- Basic analytical and financial analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent quality customer service skills and the ability to establish relationships in a manner that enhances the overall marketing efforts of the Bank
- Self-motivated individual with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently and with others on a team
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong persuasive and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Ability to adapt to change
BayFirst National Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.