Treasury Cash Manager
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success - so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. We are looking for a Treasury Cash Manager.
Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers' needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
The Treasury Team at Argo Group has an opportunity for a Treasury Cash Manager to join our team and work from one of the following US offices: San Antonio, TX, Addison, TX, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, or Richmond, VA. The main responsibilities will be performing corporate cash, liquidity and bank management functions. The position will report to the VP - US Treasurer.
What does a Treasury Cash Manager's workday look like?
Corporate Cash, Liquidity, and Bank Management
- Manage daily global cash position to ensure that the company and its subsidiaries have adequate liquidity to meet operating cash needs. Review and approve electronic payments.
- Oversee daily cash, overnight investments, and liquidity management activities and ensure the safeguard of assets.
- Prepare short term cash forecasts using historical information and cash forecasts from the company's business units to manage seasonal liquidity to ensure adequate funding for large payments.
- Utilize treasury management workstation to streamline processes, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify and implement best practice processes and procedures to centralize and integrate cash management for maximum efficiency.
- Oversee preparation of "Know Your Customer (KYC)" and compliance submissions requested by our US and International banks.
- Monitor and optimize bank fees for transactions, lockboxes, and other banking activities.
Corporate Credit and Collateral Management
- Administer Letters of Credit (LOCs) for the company as beneficiary and as applicant; design and implement controls to ensure company is protected in accordance with applicable guidelines
- Maintain collateral databases; work with operations and accounting areas to ensure accuracy of information and support for business units.
- Prepare and review counterparty credit analyses.
- Assist with the unclaimed property process for the company and its subsidiaries
- Provide support to the Investment Department with custody accounts, cash flow from securities, transfers of securities to pledged accounts, and portfolio analyses.
- Support Internal Audit, External Audit and SOX Controls and Reporting.
- Manage the performance of assigned Treasury Analysts
- Create strong, collaborative team environment
What is required for the position?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 5-7 or more years' related experience in a Treasury/Finance/Accounting team
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), preferred
- Strong understanding of banking systems, services and processes
- A self-starter and highly motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must remain flexible and organized in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge of PC office applications, databases, banking systems, and treasury management workstations
- Strong knowledge of computer technology supporting business applications
In addition, you will want to make sure you embody our core values as they are how we get the job done:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
What do we offer our employees?
An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks) and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning - which is why Training magazine named us as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral Program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flextime, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.