Professional Liability Underwriter II
- Chicago, IL
Build the Business.
At Argo Pro, that is what our Underwriting team does each and every day. We offer a broad portfolio of errors and omissions and management liability products to various size risks, targeting middle to larger market risks.
Our experienced underwriting team is dedicated to providing effective solutions for all types of companies. We hire the best people, so we can deliver the best solutions.
Our book is growing and to meet the demand we are looking for an exceptional Professional Liability Underwriter II to join our team and work from our Chicago (IL), New York (NY), San Francisco (CA), Alpharetta (GA), San Antonio (TX), or Addison (TX) office. This underwriting position will be responsible for underwriting and processing of Professional Liability lines of business. This is a professional level position which is part of Argo Pro.
So what's it like to work on the Argo Pro Underwriting team? The work we offer is challenging and diversified. Bored with doing the same task all the time? No worries! Here you will need to think quickly to resolve a range of problems and projects that will always keep you busy. We are a flat organizational structure and staff regularly interacts with our senior management team, including the President of Argo Pro. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions. While we work hard, a work/life balance is just as important so that our employees are fully focused while working. We believe in building an inclusive and diverse team and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
Sound like a team you would like to join?
First you'll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
Second, you'll want to make sure the challenge sounds interesting to you. In this role you will:
- Underwrite and analyze new business and renewal submissions.
- Work with agency partners for production and profitability
- Travel to meet with agents, insureds, and the underwriting team as needed.
- Manage portfolio of accounts, handling mid-term service requests and preparation for renewals
- Participate in periodic team meetings and provide feedback on production, market developments, industry trends and related issues
- Actively participate in training and education sessions designed to enhance job proficiencies
- Participate in special projects and assignments as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need to be successful here?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and at least three years' related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clear understanding of the Professional Lines marketplace.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent working rapport with brokerage community.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills, achieving favorable outcomes in win/win negotiations.
- A strong focus on execution in getting things done right. We are looking for people with a proven ability to consistently produce and deliver expected results.
- We work in a fast-paced environment that is evolving constantly; so flexibility and the ability to thrive in change are important to be successful here. Oh, as is being resourceful on your own.
- Excellent ability to collect, gather, manipulate and analyze information in detail to draw conclusions on how to underwrite an account profitably.
- Ability to travel (minimal).
What will we provide to you?
- An opportunity to be your best and work with talented and innovative professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an 'A' (Excellent) for thirteen consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which got us named in Training magazine as one of the Training Top 125 Companies!
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
Who are we?
Argo Pro is part of Argo Group. Argo Group, through its operating subsidiaries, offers high-quality Commercial Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance products and services tailored to the needs of businesses and public entities. At Argo Group, we leverage the success, discipline and expertise of our people and an understanding of our customers' needs to provide a diverse portfolio of products and services. This approach helps those we insure drive down their ultimate cost through prevention and aggressive claims handling. Simply stated, our products and services help keep businesses in business.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top