Junior Business Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
The Business Analyst position will be based in the IT Change Team and will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs of Argo's International Operations to support the successful delivery of an annual change programme. The BA will ensure together with the internal IT team that these needs are accurately translated into business and technical solutions. They will be working across a range of projects and through close collaborate with the Quality Assurance and Development teams ensure delivery according to business requirements within the timelines agreed with the business functions.
Business Analyst for Argo's International Operations:
- Interpret users' business needs and produce functional specifications/descriptions
- Analyse and document business processes
- Assess impact of changes to other applications and business users
- Requirements Management - end to end management of requirements with full traceability
- Ensure timely sign-off of requirements
- Work closely with development to ensure that development is in line with business needs and priorities
- Assist the Quality Assurance Team in preparation of test strategies and plans
- Assist and coordinate UAT
- Prepare and deliver user training
- Carryout change request estimating and planning
- Escalate risks and issues to the project manager which could adversely impact the outcome of the project.
- Manage user expectations
- Any other general project related duties as specified by the IT Change Manager.
- Ensure compliance to SDLC
- Good understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Ability to lead user requirement gathering sessions to determine business objectives and requirements
- Experience of modelling UI using wireframes
- Familiar with visual models including: conceptual models; process flow diagrams, state change diagrams, user case diagrams etc.
- Basic level SQL skills - good understanding of RDMS
- Adept in using Microsoft Office products
- Experience of user acceptance testing
- Experience of working on multiple projects at a time
- Experience of working under high pressure environment and on time critical projects
- Very good verbal and communication skills
- Methodical and good attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science discipline (preferred)
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation certificate (preferred)
- LLMIT or LM1/LM2 certified (preferred)
- 2-3 years' experience working as a Business Analyst within the London Insurance Market
- Experience delivering IT change and operating model improvements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top