Data Governance Analyst
- San Antonio, TX
JOB TITLE: Data Governance Analyst
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Data Governance Director
JOB PURPOSE: The Data Governance Analyst will support the Data Governance activities at Argo Group. This position will support the company's Data Governance and Data Management program throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support data governance initiatives
- Support the system of record as a "single-source of truth" for each data element; resolve multiple sources of truth issues with key stakeholders via clear definitions of elements.
- Support management, manipulation and capture of data.
- Liaise with multiple business units and support teams across the global enterprise on complex data governance projects.
- Support the Data Governance Roadmap, including enterprise wide Data Quality Framework and an Information Model
- Facilitate bi-directional communication of strategies, priorities and issues
- Works with the business units to ensure data ownership and quality, and with Argo's Data Protection Officer's team to ensure data security
- Champion organizational behavior change as it relates to the use of data; realizing vision of data managed as an asset
- Work with Data Architects to ensure facilitation of consistent data quality control and optimization in EDW at enterprise level
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or 3+ yrs. related field experience
- 2+ years working in a Data Governance Role
- 1+ years experience with Master Data Management
- 3+ years working in the Insurance or Financial Services
- Credible across both business and IT
- Understanding of operational processes, data, systems landscape
- Experience with one or more data governance tools
- Demonstrates strong problem solving capabilities
- Willing and able to overcome challenges and roadblocks to enable the business to meets it goals
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Comfortable communicating with all audiences from highly technical engineers to non-technical executives in both written and verbal channels
- Actively listens to customers and teams
- Builds good relationships with peers, executives and other departments
- Cares about the quality of the product systems and the success of the organization
- Expresses opinion on solutions and does not allow bad solutions
- High sense of urgency to meet commitments
- Will go outside of primary role if needed to help drive success
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top