Construction, Business Development Analyst
- Flexible / Remote
Business Development Analyst
- Pursue new product opportunities identified by Construction leadership
- Seek and solidify new partners
- Research competitors and industry experts for vetting and seeking new opportunities
- Dedicated to independently executing new business action plans in order to bring to closure
- When required, coordinate and facilitate team members assigned to tackle a more complex opportunity
- Accountability for meeting deadlines
The Business Development Analyst will be responsible for pursuing new business opportunities development for the Argo Construction business unit which focuses on pursuing contractor opportunities in GL insurance. This individual will seek out and pursue new premium opportunities for the construction unit. He/she will lead multiple aspects of the opportunity pursuit including prospect qualification, partner needs assessment, product research, data collection while actively providing continuous thought leadership during the process. He/she individual will provide analysis and coordinate across multiple functions within underwriting, marketing and actuary. He/she will develop customized value proposition, seek prospective partners and lead an execution plan to realize the opportunity. This individual will interface with vendors/third parties, clients and prospects to serve as the primary liaison with the business development leadership team.Ability to influence decision makers both inside and outside of the organization is critical. Knowledge of GL insurance is seen as important. E&S experience beneficial in either underwriting or brokering. This role reports to the Construction Operating Officer and will have strong working relationships across all departments which will require organizations and strong communication skills. The focus of this role is on business development and would therefore be expected to travel and engaged with our marketing, distribution partners and customers.
- Proactively identify and seek out new opportunities and formulate new partnership or products
- Prepare partner profiles, conduct market research and leverage customer insights to deliver innovative and differentiated solutions to potential partners and manage prospect pipeline
- Identify and develop new opportunities in partnership
- Work with Strategic Marketing to identify and screen new partners
- Interact with leadership across the enterprise to pursue new, non-traditional alternative distribution growth opportunities
- Lead all aspects of the innovation cycle including creating customized presentations, proposal development, partnership terms and contract negotiations, financial projections, and prospecting meetings and/or hosting visits with potential partners. Ensure a fast and efficient activation and on-boarding of new partners post-sale.
- Negotiate fulfillment models that deliver on our commitments to new partners by coordinating internally with Sales, Underwriting, Marketing, Service, and
- Coordinate capability assessment and proposal development for new Partners. Acts as team lead to bring together multiple areas of the organization including: Industry Vertical experts Marketing, Sales, Underwriting, Operations, Product, Actuarial, Loss Control, Claims, Territorial Management, etc
- Finalize clear, achievable SLA and compensation agreements internally and externally
- Successfully map out, implement and oversee partner on-boarding
- An undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline is required;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business development or insurance.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400. To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top