AVP, Construction Operations Manager
- Richmond, VA
JOB TITLE: AVP, Construction Operations Manager
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: SVP, Argo Construction
JOB PURPOSE: Assist Underwriting Management in the Operations and Functionality of the Argo Construction Division. Provide both synchronic and strategic support to the underwriting function through, establishing and maintaining Policies and Procedures, Training and Development, Digital Platform Efforts and Overall Operational Procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead recruitment and selection process for Underwriting Assistants
- Assist Argo Construction Management with Establishment, Updates and continued Maintenance of Argo Construction Guidelines
- Direct Reporting relationships with:
- Underwriting Support Supervisors
- Operations Specialist
- Underwriting Assistants
- Conduct Underwriting Assistant file audits to determine overall quality, training and development needs of Underwriting Support team.
- Conduct high level audits of files to determine overall training and/o proactively identify internal audit concerns for Underwriting team, guidelines and workflow/process as a whole
- Strong oversight of maintaining policies and procedures as well as training material.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for all Argo Construction Staff.
- Provide mentoring, training and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Participate in special projects; including complex research and the collection and analysis of data.
- Analyzing Underwriting Files to determine financial, coverage and other decisions
- Assist with updating and maintaining SharePoint Site
- Operate within assigned level of authority
- Responsible for enhancing the underwriting process efficiency initative
- Maintain a positive working relationship with agent/broker workforce
- Drive production within Underwriting Support Team by way of sharing data and collaborating on areas of focus and opportunity
- Participate in Product Line Reviews(PLR's) and Managers meetings to share updates and also observe opportunity to assist Underwriting Managers, bring additional efficiency, additional streamlining
- Strong partnership with Business Delivery Services to assist with oversight and driving results provided by our offshore partners
- Lead participation in initiatives involving workflow improvements, digital buildout and SOX/Internal Audit
- Business Liaison for all IT support
- Vendor Management
- Other Duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years experience in the insurance industry.
- General knowledge of Commercial Insurance required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Must display a professional demeanor.
- Detail-oriented with initiative and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to motivate employees and demonstrate strong diplomacy skills.
- Ability to balance multiple inquiries and competing demands utilizing a positive coaching approach with employees.
- Demonstrates an understanding of confidentiality and uses discretion when sharing information.
- Ability to travel.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Back to top