Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success - so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst working from our Chicago, IL or Denver, CO office.
What does an Actuarial Analyst Team Member's day to day duties look like:
- Work in a team environment with underwriting, claims, financial, IT, digital and marketing professionals supporting our professional lines and cyber businesses.
- Data work in R, SQL, Excel and PowerBI
- Conduct a full range of actuarial and financial analysis to quantify performance including predictive modeling
What's required for the position:
- Experience with at least one coding language (SQL, R, Python, SAS, VBA, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or related field of study
- 3+ exams in current pursuit of ACAS
- Broad overall knowledge of insurance
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to management and other functional areas.
- Ability to interact and work within a team environment and approach actuarial work as collaborative product.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to quickly evaluate accuracy of information.
- Proficient PC skills developed through extensive use of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Outlook, and Word).
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills that is even better:
- 3+ years of pricing actuarial experience in multiple lines of insurance
- Proficient in R and SQL
- Experience with Commercial Inland Marine or Programs pricing
- Predictive modeling experience
- Experience doing competitor analysis using filed rating plans
- Rate filing experience
- Experience with rate indications and calculating rate change
- Experience with Visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Creative and flexible mentality
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And don't forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the "Apply with LinkedIn" button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.