Alion is looking for a Program Manager (PM) with proven ability to lead the development of innovative solutions and emerging technologies; with requirements that range across major geographic locations. The PM will lead a team that will contribute immediately to the development of new principles, concepts and systems to solve complex, highly innovative, and ingenious problems.
- Lead a team developing advanced programs for large subsystems, small total systems, production, and logistics programs for major warfighter systems.
- Oversee the development and manage unprecedented program plans and delivery methods across derivative and distinctive products for all levels of warfare.
- Cost, schedule, and technical performance on assigned program from inception through completion.
- Manages technical and administrative staff and provides ongoing direction in the performance of the assigned program.
- Develops and monitors program plan including time and cost estimates. Ensures project outputs delivered on schedule and within funding.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plan and schedule, identifies program problems, and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Prioritizes workload and determines staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities.
- Reviews reports and briefings prepared by technical staff for quality.
- Leads technical discussions for project reviews.
- Prepares and delivers formal briefings.
- Ensures appropriate training delivered to program staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customer, subcontractors and other outside agencies.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities.Regularly meets with and updates the customer on project status. Leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Develops new business or expands business with the customer.
- Coordinates preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract. Participates in negotiating contract and contract changes.
- Complies with quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience (Mandatory)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, cyber studies or related technical discipline plus 12 years or Master's plus 10 years of experience in a technical position.
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional, Program Management Professional (PMP), or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Program Management certification.
- Ten years of experience in management and supervision of military hardware/software development projects or programs.
- Previous experience managing multiple task orders.
- Cleared for TS Information and eligible for access to SCI by the Central Clearance Facility (CCF) based on a single scope background investigation, with Special Access Program (SAP) eligibility.
- Ability to work within a flexible environment and adapt to changing circumstances rapidly.
- Experience managing contracts or task order work occurring in a CONUS and OCONUS environment.
- At least three years of experience planning, directing, coordinating programs of similar size in terms of work force utilization, procurement of materials and equipment, standards, training, problem resolution, and employee relations (including subcontractors, cost, budget, and managing to milestones).
- Experience managing cost-type contracts.
- Professional military education, intermediate level or equivalent level service Staff College.
- Twelve years or more of progressive experience in design and development projects for one or more areas: Military Planning and Analysis Support, Innovation Development and Testing Support, or Cyber Capability Support
- Five years of specific analysis and support experience directly related to the DoD environment.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and management skills as evidenced by previous work experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and OCONUS for meetings and demonstrations approximately 30% of calendar year.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength .
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information. U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.