Software Engineer: Python, AWS, Lambda
We are looking for a Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper)
- Experience with AWS Services (Lambda, API Gateway,S3,CloudFront, Postgres, IAM, SQS, SNS, ECS, etc.) and AWS SDKs/CLI required
- Develop micro-services and tools that provide common support for scalable and highly available software system
- Participate fully in agile software development team and rituals; actively participate in all ceremonies, review user stories, participate in planning sessions, estimate effort for stories / tasks, etc.
- Implementation of best practices, performance improvements and do code reviews
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Building reusable components and libraries for future use, help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - the ability to interact with many different people, internally and externally?
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think strategically and critically.
- Proven 5-8 years of work experience in software development and deep hands-on technical expertise.
- Writing well tested, readable code using Python that is capable of processing large volumes of data
- Good understanding on AWS serverless architecture model
- Experience on Ruby on Rails would be a plus.
- Good knowledge on either Relational/NoSQL databases
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GitHub/Bitbucket
- Good background in Linux/Unix administration
- Ability to organize resources, establish priorities, and manage cross-functional dependencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Engineering degree or equivalent