Job Title: Tax Staff Accountant
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Internal Job ID: 468942
CVPartners is seeking a Tax Staff Accountant to be responsible for preparation and completion of tax documents and client deliverables. This position works under the direct guidance of the Tax Manager/Principal.
- Learn to use computer programs specific to preparation of tax returns and tax projections .
- Prepare tax deliverables through assignment of returns and related filings (extensions, etc.) for assigned clients/entities, and modifications upon review of deliverables by Manager/Principal Maintain work standards that minimize risk exposure
- Provide detailed focus on assigned projects and alert the Manager/Principal of technical tax issues that may arise; participate in discussions regarding resolution of tax issues
- Begin to learn and apply Catalyst Family Office's comprehensive approach by identifying potential tax issues and coming up with possible solutions to review with Tax Manager or Principal
- Deliver timely and quality work-product that meets or exceeds internal (Manager/Principal) and external (client) expectations. Apply tax knowledge to client situations, and work to expand knowledge over a broad range of entities and situations
- Proactively communicate areas where technical tax knowledge is needed, and work with Manager/Principal to determine and achieve personal and career development
- Gain a basic understanding of the client's financial, business and family goals
- Prepare tax deliverables: multitasking preparation of workpapers, input of data to tax return software program, and printing of all applicable filings/returns for review
- Ensure accuracy of all tax deliverables and consistency of the design and content of presentations and work papers
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 1-2 years' experience with income taxation and fiduciary. Prior work experience is not required, however, internship or prior work experience a plus