Job Title: Tax Senior Manager
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Internal Job ID: 466259
- Manage tax and compliance deliverables within Family Office Services (FOS) through assignment of returns and related filings (extensions, etc)
- Provide detailed focus on projects, and alert the Principal/Client Service Director of technical tax issues that may arise; Prepare and provide details for discussion and resolution
- Ensure tax compliance (accurate and timely filings, extensions, review of tax returns for client and related entities)
- Successfully research technical tax issues (e.g. Tax Code, RIA) and assist client service team in forming conclusions related to complex tax issues
- Develop into role of primary point of contact for existing client team assignments.
- Support management of existing client revenue through review of works in progress and preparation of billings for special projects/consulting services provided to the client
- Continue to develop networks of internal and external (attorneys and brokers) parties to form strong working relationships that may grow existing business and/or lead to development of new business opportunities
- Proactively communicate and discuss impact of technical tax matters within the tax group, and communicate to client's tax changes, implications and potential impact to their financial strategies and goals.
- Apply functional, product, and industry skills to client engagements and strive to enhance knowledge through direct guidance from the Principal and Client Service Director
- Manage all tax deliverables: gather and review tax data from client, assign staff resources to prepare work papers and tax returns and oversee detailed review of prepared returns
- Ensure accuracy of all tax deliverables and consistency of the design and content of presentations and work papers
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred, Master's a plus; CPA
- 5-8 yrs exp fiduciary tax issues, investments, consulting or compliance in an accounting, in financial & estate planning