A midtown lending company is looking for a junior accountant. The candidate will have ownership of the recording of our customer loan payments. This includes ensuring loan payments are deposited into the correct bank accounts, as well as posting the payments to the general ledger and reconciling to the bank statements.
- Ownership of recording the customer loan payments including performing a three-way match between the Merchant Processor reports, internal Servicing reports, and banks statements, recording journal entries, reconciling the bank accounts, communicating with the Servicing team, investigating any discrepancies, and refunding customers as needed.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling items are accounted for within the GL.
- Assist with paying bills and record expense correctly by category and department in the GL.\
- Manage the credit card process including reconciling the month end statement.
- Aid the team in month end close.
- Prepare sales tax and commercial rent tax schedules and file tax payments monthly and quarterly.
- Provide support during the annual audit.
- Complete ad hoc requests and projects as needed and other duties assigned.
Requirements & Essential Attributes
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Proficiency in Netsuite is a plus
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in an Accounting / Finance department
- Understanding of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.