My client is an international not-for-profit organization and is adding a Staff Accountant to its accounting team! The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for fundamental accounting duties requiring an understanding of accounting principles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare basic, standard journal entries to the general ledger, including recurring journal entries; post basic entries upon approval
- Maintain general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations on as part of the month-end close process
- Perform other data entry functions into various databases and sub-systems
- Ensure all invoices, check requests, expenses and bills have been properly authorized and backup detail is supplied to support charge
- Audit expense reports to ensure proper coding of expenses and adherence to the stated travel policy and procedures
- Research and resolve basic questions related to general ledger items
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Verify, allocate and post general ledger transactions and journal entries, including monthly accruals
- Assist in monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for multiple locations
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity you should ideally possess a degree in Accounting with at least two (2) years of relevant experience.
For more information on this and other fulltime accounting and finance opportunities across the DC metro area, please contact Patricia, DiMaria, CPA, Branch Manager on 703-547-6736 or email in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.