Position Title : Service Delivery Manager - Data Center Operations
3 Openings/Multiple Locations: Locations: (Atlanta, GA.) OR (Seattle, WA.) OR (Portland, OR.)
Pay: Up to $48.07/hr. ($46.75/hr. in GA.)
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) - Data Center Operations, Infrastructure is a professional technical services manager responsible for co-coordinating the delivery of managed services into key enterprise customers by providing a single point of contact to the customer. The SDM plays a vital role in creating long-term customer relationships and acting as the bridge between the client and the operational delivery teams with the ability to make changes in end-to-end processes as required ensuring optimal overall performance on the contract. The key responsibility of the SDM is governance across all areas including service management, incident and change management, continual service improvement, onboarding and workflow, dashboard and reporting, financial performance, and customer satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operation service delivery.
- Exempt Salaried position based upon experience; weekly salary broken down to hourly rate for invoice purposes.
- Long term contract with possible hire after 91 days
- Standard support hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
- Multi-Site Support
- MVR Check Required; must have valid drivers license
- Travel possible up to 10%
- Service definition, scoping and policy formulation: Consolidate and review inputs and contribute towards identifying new service lines in order to assist service owner in designing a scalable and robust infrastructure.
- Admin model, work-flow, monitoring and reporting framework: Review the relevant metrics and provide location specific inputs to service team in order to account for the same while defining the monitoring and reporting framework.
- Technology Resources - Hardware, software, data communication, consumables and services: Consolidate, review and handle escalations and intervene in order to ensure timely delivery of materials as per agreed SLA.
- Capacity Management: Responsible for initiating the action plan post review of capacity matrix for Services and IT infrastructure. Service owner to factor the service upgrade plan. Initiate necessary triggers/action plan based on threshold limits set in measurement index.
- Service level management and service reporting: Review, analyze and set the action plan to adhere to SLAs defined. Review, direct and ensure SLA compliance across the region in order to ensure approved SLA process covering all services and meet the approved target.
- Supplier management: Manage and maintain the relationship. Define the scope of service contract and assess the expenses associated with the service in order to ensure committed SLAs are backed by backend agreements from the suppliers.
- User communication and updates: Communicate IT service policies and processes, service availability, service reporting.
- Configuration management: Review and enforce control mechanisms for ITIL control process. Review CMDB compliance on periodic basis with corporate asset management system.
- Manage multiple service teams and build synergies between services.
- Understand and maintain the customer's ratio between service revenue, resource planning and maintain the team.
- Create, modify, update and populate the service descriptions, operation level agreements and service offerings.
- Ensure issue free operations and effective handling of customer escalations.
- Track the service improvement plan and aligning the capacity, availability of resources.
- Manage and optimize the service budget and quality.
- Monitor and improve the automation levels within service operations.
- Introduce new service delivery tools and redesigning the operational procedures
- Insure delivery of SLAs / KPIs / OLAs and service quality.
- Promote the customer's goals and implement evolving technologies in service.
- Build and implement security guidelines.
- Run the service operations in close cooperation with other IT process owners and service owners.
- Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering / Technology / Science or Equivalent Work Experience
- 8+ years of increasing Service Delivery and Operations Management responsibilities within technology services for data center operations.
- 12+ years overall technical experience with primary emphasis in data center operations, infrastructure
- Automotive and Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- Should have managed a team of 20-25 members, delivering/managing middleware IT operations. Should be hands-on in terms of technology.
- Should have an understanding of processes and quality aspects
- Expert-level Knowledge of IT asset management, incident/request management, problem management, change/release management,
- Availability and capacity management.
- Ability to manage multiple related services and to build the synergies between the services.
- Ability to understand the customer requirements and suggest feasible technology options available.
- Good understanding of general datacenter technologies.
- Deep understanding of one of more areas of Datacenter operations - Compute, Virtualization, Storage, Network, Backup, Database,
- Middleware, AD/IAM, Tools, Application operations.
- Experience with executing transition and transformation projects.
- Experience in management large IT operations.
- Experience on Upgrades, Migrations, Performance Tuning and advanced Root cause analysis
- Windows 2008 R2/2012/2016 administration
- Experience in data center Safety and Security measures
- Data mining/analysis skill
- ITIL Foundation, PMP, Lean, Six Sigma and/or Risk related certifications
- Knowledge of BCMS principles, processes and guidelines to deploy
- BCMS work-flow.
- Should be a capable leader.
- Building collaborative partnership - by interactive regularly with key influencers within and outside organization.
- Deep experience Customer Handling and stakeholder management.
- Ability to handle escalations, be a trusted advisor for the customer and work closely with customers in defining solutions
- Ability to drive Service Improvement programs and drive service quality improvements.
- Familiarity with working on proposals, billing and charging topics
- Understanding of service level management process, related agreements - SLA/OLA and workflow steps.
- Analytical ability
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of capacity management process.
- Planning and organizing - Optimally organize the workload across the team.