Senior Staff Accountant
- Washington, DC
Our client, a Government Contractor has an immediate need for Staff Accountant with related industry experience. Experience utilizing Deltek Costpoint/ GCS is a must, as this position requires a candidate who can hit the ground running. If you are looking for a great culture with-in a fast paste environment, this role is for you!
- Perform account/bank reconciliations
- The Senior Accountant will handle journal entries
- Process month-end
- Assist with year-end close functions
- Process sales and use tax returns
- The Senior Accountant will perform inter/intra company reconciliations
- Provide support for monthly/annual reporting packages, backlog reporting and annual incurred cost submission (for DCAA).
- Support contracts closeout process package generating financial reports and final invoices when requested
- Senior/Staff Accountant must possess strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Hands-on experience with project accounting, timekeeping and expense reporting.
- Proficient in use of Deltek Costpoint .
- Understanding of government contracting (DCAA requirements) a plus
- Detail-oriented professional in their dealings with external and internal customers.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a growing company, as well as meet all deadlines set externally or internally.
- Must have knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices (GAAP).
Back to top