Senior Software Developer- Big Data (Java)
This HireStrategy Client is looking for a Big Data Engineer in the Northern Virginia area.
- The Data Engineer will design and develop components of big data processing, as part of an agile/scrum team
- The Data Engineer will help plan and implement methods to scale our product further
- The Data Engineer will code features all the way from the Hadoop job down through the Linux OS/shell
- HDFS and Hadoop Ecosystem knowledge and hands-on experience
- Experience developing optimum strategies for distributing data over a cluster.
- Experience integrating with relational database and NoSQL stores
- Core Java and SQL application development experience
- Preparation of documentation of infrastructure and operational procedures.
- Experience designing, testing and deploying MapReduce applications in an HDFS/Hadoop Ecosystem
- Professional experience with NoSQL solutions to solve real world scaling problems
- While experience with any MR/NoSQL is required, experience specifically with Spark, Hbase
- Experience working and implementing machine learning algorithms in the big data environment
- Experience in digital media, online advertising, or reporting/analytical applications
- Experience working on systems that handle high volumes of data (hundreds of TB)
- Experience implementing applications that use extensive statistical or optimization technology
- Experience implementing machine learning
- Experience with large scale SQL databases is a strong plus
Back to top