Senior Associate - Audit
Location: Northbrook area near Lake Cook Road
CPA firm hiring a Senior Associate - Audit that is motivated and looking for a small firm environment. Working directly with Audit manager and Partners in providing Audit services to a wide variety of clients in a challenging and rewarding work environment. The desire of the Partners is for excellent work, personal life balance.This position has developed as a result of continued growth.
This CPA firm emphasizes work life balance,teamwork and continuing education to develop staff potential and overall firm efficiency. Client base includes a variety of closely held small businesses ,non-profit organizations, high net worth individuals,trusts and estates.
As a key member of the audit team, the Senior Associate is responsible for:
- Managing, understanding and assisting with planning multiple audit assignments in small businesses, not-for-profit and high net worth individuals,trusts and estates.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, including managing the budget, planning, executing, directing staff and completing financial statements and audits
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on audit methodology
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1+ year supervisory experience preferred
- CPA candidates preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Salary range is $75-95K DOE - (Depending on Experience)
Back to top