Senior Accountant Job in Charlotte, NC
- Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Charlotte, NC
Pay: Market Rate
- Remain current with new accounting standards updates issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Prepare Financial Statements including the Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities and Statement of Cash Flows for executive reports and quarterly audits. Prepare internal reports as needed.
- Forge relationships with operation groups and other functional accounting teams supporting financial accounting and reporting.
- Prepare documentation and support audits and compliance processes.
- Efficiently perform accounting research by navigating accounting databases to find the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Perform self-checks to spot inconsistencies in accounting work and quickly uncover errors in both computation and application of accounting principles.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Extensive technical knowledge of accounting principles and procedures which is noted through work experience at large publicly traded companies and/or public accounting.
- Experience in and performing accounting research and application.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker with innate ability to work independently and under stringent deadlines.
- Documented success as innovator and creative problem solver.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with auditors, staff, and the general public.
- Advance level of Microsoft Excel experience particularly VLOOKUP's, pivot tables, and charts and graphs. Previous experience with a large ERP system such as PeopleSoft, SAP, or Oracle.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience in a large publicly traded company and/or public accounting, global corporation, or government entity.
- Ability to assess priorities, assign resources and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines; demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and an ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability.
- Superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Strong individual with excellent oral and written communication, articulate, detail oriented and accounting research skills.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Excel) and use of accounting software, including large ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, SAP and Oracle.
- CPA strongly preferred
Back to top