Our client is looking for a Recovery Agent (Collections) to help their team! This is a great opportunity to work in an excellent environment and work with a wonderful team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Recovery Agent (Collections)
- Contact delinquent charged off members and borrowers regarding their loans by phone, mail, and email
- Take appropriate action to cure the full balance by payment plan or settlement.
- Responsible for collection processes on delinquent accounts which may include automotive, unsecured, overdraft, credit cards, mortgages, and other loans.
- Efforts include direct communication with the member, skip tracing, initiating legal action, while following established processes and procedures.
- Manages late stage and high liability accounts, such as: post charge off payment plans, third party referral, and process small claims suits.
- Responsible for managing the third-party collection process, agency performance, and agency relationships.
- Responsible for third party agency remittance reports, billing, affidavits, and research.
- Attend court dates as needed or requested by third party attorney and agencies.
- Create and implement forward flow process for all charged-off accounts
- Maintain accurate and complete files, collection notes and reports on all collection and recovery activity.
- Process and review Right of Offset to eligible member accounts.
- Update member credit reports accordingly with correct codes due to disputes, settlements, or accounts paid in full.
- Follow policy and procedures related to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCP), Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) daily to ensure compliance with current regulations.
- Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; comply with privacy act directives.
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years related work experience in charge off collections or debt negotiations
- Experience through early stages of collections, legal assistant, or paralegal experience are also applicable for this role
- Must be a great communicator
- Able to remain organized
- Strong attention to detail
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation