Our client is looking for a Real Estate Accountant to help their team. This company is moving quickly and it's an opportunity that could turn into a long term position. Don't miss out on this position! Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Position: Real Estate Accountant
Location: Tulsa, OK
- Completes intermediate to advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages.
- Creates and posts journal entries.
- Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting.
- Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including profit and loss statements.
- Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting for assigned property portfolio, new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Assists in training team members on portfolio specific transitions.
- Monitors scope of services delivered and provides feedback to manager regarding any changes in scope.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years' experience in general accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors.
- Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Follows accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing CBRE financial interests are protected.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems.
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation