A public accounting firm we're partnering with is looking for an experienced accounting candidate to join their team! This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company and to work with a wonderful team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Public Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Must be proficient with QuickBooks Online and Desktop versions
- Must have worked or is working in public accounting
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Associates or Bachelors in Accounting preferred
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Great communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Identifying and resolving problems.
- Good organization skills and keen attention to detail.
- Experience using QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation