Our client, a growing Property Management Company, located in Chicago, is seeking an experienced Property Accountant . This is a contract to hire position!
- The successful candidate will have a background in property accounting: residential, retail or commercial.
- Experience with: daily bank/account reconciliations, journal entries, general ledger maintenance.
- Active communication with properties managers pertaining to daily operations.
- Monthly and year-end reconciliation and closing for assigned properties: retail, residential or commercial.
- Prepare and review monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Deliver consistently high quality and timely reporting.
- Prepare annual CAM reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers and depreciation calculations.
- Integrate acquisitions into accounting and reporting frameworks.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial information regarding profitability, capital expenditures, and performance against budget.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of experience within an accounting firm and/or within the real estate industry.
- Understanding of GAAP and its application in a real estate firm.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to understand retail real estate operating statements.
- Experience with newly formed and rapidly growing companies is a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Yardi, Timberline & MRI or other property software systems