Our client, a growing Property Management Company, located in downtown Dallas, is seeking an experienced Property Accountant . This is a contract to hire position!
- The successful candidate will have a background in property accounting: residential, retail or commercial.
- Experience with: daily bank/account reconciliations, journal entries, general ledger maintenance.
- Active communication with properties managers pertaining to daily operations.
- Monthly and year-end reconciliation and closing for assigned properties: retail, residential or commercial.
- Prepare and review monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Deliver consistently high quality and timely reporting.
- Prepare annual CAM reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers and depreciation calculations.
- Integrate acquisitions into accounting and reporting frameworks.
- Analyze and interpret operating and financial information regarding profitability, capital expenditures, and performance against budget.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of experience within an accounting firm and/or within the real estate industry.
- Understanding of GAAP and its application in a real estate firm.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to understand retail real estate operating statements.
- Experience with newly formed and rapidly growing companies is a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Yardi, Timberline & MRI or other property software systems
Why choose Addison Finance & Accounting?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Benefits & Bonuses: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, 401K, and monetary bonuses
- Permanent Employment: Many of Addison's Finance & Accounting job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment term negotiation
Meet Some of Addison Group's Employees
Michael V.Branch Manager, Finance and Accounting Staffing
Michael finds companies looking to grow their accounting and finance departments and matches them with the best local talent.
Back to top